First signs of spring...


In the first glimpse of spring, some of my bulbs are starting to poke through the ground. A few of the daffodils are out and in bloom; the ones I planted in the past year are just starting to sprout. It’s lovely to see a bit of color pop up in the yard again. I can’t wait for spring to arrive in earnest so we can get back to our garden plans.
This afternoon I’ll be pouring over garden magazines and books, looking for inspiration and guidance in what to plant along our new white picket fence in the front yard. The side of the fence has been planted with rose bushes ~ gorgeous colors and varieties that actually smell like roses. But the front offers a space for two gardens between the sidewalk and the fence and I am debating on what to plant there. I would like a cottage garden feel ~ hearty perennials to go with the shrubs I planted in the fall. If you have any suggestions, I’m all ears. The only things I know for sure I want are hydrangeas and climbing roses. If you would like to see the space I’m talking about, click here.
Wishing all of you a lovely day...


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful glimpse of Spring. Wow! Love it.

    We've still got lots of snow, but the day today sure felt like Spring. Had the windows open.

    Thanks for sharing these daffies with us.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.