Side table makeover...


This adorable little side table is one of two I was given. Originally it had the same finish as the table below, but that wasn't working for me, so I painted it in my new favorite furniture color: Sandstone Cove, the same color I painted the armoire that's also in the living room. It was a simple project ~ a little light sanding and three coats of paint with primer included. I could have gotten away with just two coats, but I like to put an extra coat on things that are likely to get a lot of use. I think it makes the paint look great longer.




It turned out great, don't you think? And with its unusual lines, it's a lovely little addition to the living room. Tomorrow, after three months of work, I'm going to show you the whole living room. My drapes are still being made and I need to get rid of the brown ceiling fan, but other than that, it's pretty much done ~ it's definitely close enough to show all of you. Be sure to pop back tomorrow for the reveal!

I am linking to Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life.

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Oh, Eileen, it's beautiful. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of that table. It looks wonderful painted. Looking forward to tomorrow for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the table. I will be traveling tomorrow so will miss the reveal, but will check in next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table is quite beautiful and the color is amazing - the lines look musical to me! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.