Scents of the season... Autumn


Autumn is my favorite season for many reasons ~ the beautifully colored leaves, the crisp weather, pumpkin-flavored goodies, apples, the holidays...
And of course, the scents. I love cinnamon and nutmeg ~ they smell like autumn to me. Not to mention hot apple cider mulling on the stove and a pumpkin pie baking in the oven. Swoon worthy.
Scent is one of those finishing touches in a beautiful home ~ spices in the autumn, peppermint and evergreen in the winter, flowers in the spring and freshly cut grass and the ocean in the summer are my favorites. Do you have a favorite autumn scent?

Comments

  1. While my favorite seasons are the warm ones, I, too, enjoy those spicy scents of autumn; however, I must admit, I am one who burns cinnamon-scented candles even during the summer. I just love the smell of cinnamon. And, of course, pumpkin baked goods are not just autumn to me...I can eat pumpkin pie year-round.

    Have a wonderful weekend.


    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bought a cinnamon candle the other day. The scent fills the house - divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making my own applesauce in the fall....the smell of apples and cinnamon cooking on the stove fills the whole house...love it! Just found your blog, by the way, will be stopping by again....it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple is my favourite Autumn scent. :)

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.