A last stroll through the garden...


I decided to take a break from packing and sorting for our unexpected move and take a quick stroll through the yard to see what was blooming. I have been so blessed to live in a home where the flowers are nearly always something worth seeing and today was no different. The roses in particular are lovely right now, so I captured a few photos to share with you. Hope you enjoy these little bits of beauty from my garden.
On the moving front, I do have wonderful news. We found a new house to rent in our neighborhood, which we love so much, thanks to our fabulous neighbors. In fact, we are still going to be living on the same block, just around the corner, which will make moving much easier. We've leased an absolutely adorable Craftsman beach cottage, complete with outdoor shower for washing off the sand and white picket fence ~ how fabulous is that? The owners are finishing up some work inside and we will be able to move in next month. I'll share some photos of our new place as soon as I am able.
In other happy news, it's also my blog anniversary this weekend ~ The Art of Living Beautifully is officially 2 years old. Thanks to all of you who keep reading.


I am linking to Show Off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your second anniversary, Eileen. I can't imagine anything more wonderful than a Craftsman beach cottage. I look forward to seeing some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have joined for a stroll through this beautiful garden. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely stroll, and thanks for taking us along. Congrats on your new place, a cottage by the Sea? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blog anniversary and on finding a beach cottage in your neighborhood. You have so many beautiful flowers to enjoy. Good luck with the packing and hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your bloggaversary and your flowers are gorgeous.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The garden is beautiful. I am glad you will have a new place you are happy about. It is always hard to move. Good Luck. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post! Sounds like your unexpected move will be to another lovely spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Your new house sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on two years! SOrry you had to lake and unexpected move, but glad you are just going around the corner. Good luck with everything, and thanks for teaching us about the Art of Living Beautifully!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your roses look beautiful and your new beach cottage sounds pretty wonderful too :) Congratulations on your blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new beach cottage sounds fabulous and outdoor showers are so cool. Also congratulations on your second anniversary. I've enjoyed following along and look forward to the new year.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pics! The pink is just the perfect rose isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bittersweet post. :)
    I'm sorry that you have to move but, I'm happy that you found a place close,in the neighbourhood that you love.
    Sounds like you are going to be very busy for the next few weeks!

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.